About

I am a college student in Boston. I'm studying math. I love watching and talking about films. I also try to read when I can and occasionally will post about books and maybe even some topic on math or anything really that I find important. I'm always open to suggestions so leave a comment if you feel I would like a film or even if you have something to respond to in my posts. Enjoy!
NOTE: All ratings are based on how much I enjoyed the film, not how well done it is or how many awards it has won. For example, I love Will Ferrell movies and refuse to adjust the ratings because they aren't Academy Award quality.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Warm Bodies

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiHdbrWVk5G2TwuXcptxz1AVl1yi91WSCqehoVlj-CEDgpQAIPYVjpUvGsHd4xEsFD6Xxy4eulA4GcVyniUlPdaLn97L6wG1KFzV6eCOKXL5iei5Y3xJ22YXMv5Bk8N_4S-tZO1-ajyL3U9/s1600/WarmBodies-OneSht21.jpg
So this weekend I went and saw director Jonathan Levine's new film Warm Bodies. You may be familiar with his other film 50/50.  The story is basically a spin on Romeo and Juliet but using zombies. It's got a clever mix of comedy and action while still providing a love story that you root for to accompany it all. I was pleasantly surprised! The film was predictable and had a few minor plot holes that presented themselves for the convenience of the story but those can easily be forgotten in the charm of it all. 

The protagonist, R (Nicholas Hoult), plays a zombie who knows he is different. He doesn't like being a zombie and longs for something more, mainly, a connection with someone. When R takes Julie (Teresa Palmer) back to the airport, the zombies base, he tries his best to woo her. Eventually Julie goes back to the city with the survivors and this is when the story gets interesting, as R struggles to get her back.

Along with all of this is M (Rob Corddry), R's only friend. The two have a hilarious dialogue of grunts and he gives hope to R, through loyalty and friendship, that maybe he isn't as different as he thinks. 

Although this film is a long shot for being remembered as a great film, it's got a high entertainment value and is a clever and refreshing twist on an old story. Any zombie fans, especially those who enjoyed Zombieland will almost certainly enjoy this film. I highly recommend it and give it 3 out of 4 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment